CROP ROTATION – SUFFICIENT FACTOR FOR SUSTAINABLE USE OF LAND. SUSTAINABLE USE OF LAND IN DIFFERENT FARM TYPES
Asparuh Dimov - Higher School “Agricultural college” – Plovdiv, Bulgaria
The crop rotation – sufficient factor for sustainable land use
1. A short retrospection of land use from the past to the now days.
2. Crop rotation, monoculture and sporadically alternation of the crops
- Definition of crop rotation
- Definition of monoculture
- Sporadically alternation of crops
- Experiments with crop rotation and monoculture
- Practical conclusions for the sustainable agriculture
3. Advantages and disadvantages of the monoculture
4. Pain point of the crop rotations
- Characteristics of the crop rotation
- Rotation. Solving problems with simple and complex rotation.
- Efficient application of the crop rotation by growing catch-crops
Efficiency of the catch-crops in the sustainable agriculture and in the farms with ecological
- Practical tasks for making a crop rotation; main principles.