SUSTAINABLE USE OF LAND IN DIFFERENT TYPES OF FARMS
Asparuh Dimov - Higher School “Agricultural college” – Plovdiv, Bulgaria
1. Types of farms – indications for differentiation; intensive, ecological, biological and mixed farms.
2. Sustainable use of land in intensive farms by proper crop rotation and adequate agritechnology
- Use of plain non irrigated lands
- Use of inclined non irrigated lands
- Use of irrigated lands
- Fodder crop-rotations and main principles of the agritechnology for low productive and normal non irrigated and irrigated plots
- Intensive vegetable crop-rotation
3. Sustainable use of land in farms for ecological production by selection of proper crops, correct crop rotation and adequate agritechnology
- Main principles in crop selection and alternation
- Ecologically friendly crop rotations for sustainable development of plain and inclined non irrigated lands
- Ecologically friendly crop rotations for sustainable development of irrigated lands
- Ecologically friendly vegetable crop rotations. Growing catch-crops from family Fabaceae in order to reduce to the minimum the application of industrial fertilizers.
4. Sustainable use of land in farms with alternative agriculture (biological, organic) by proper selection of crops, crop rotation and adequate agrotechnology.
- Alternative sources for maintenance of the soil fertility and the phytosanitary condition of the plots and the crops
- Main principles for crop alternation. The role of the crop rotation in the alternative agriculture for receiving sustainable results.
- Sustainable use of land for receiving clean production of grain, fodder and vegetables.
5. Sustainable use of land in mixed farms – need, significance, examples, etc.