RESOURCES OF THE FARM
Rada Angelova - Higher School “Agricultural College”
The resources of a farm are natural and human ones.
1. Natural resources of the farm
- Land ones: arable land, natural meadows, pastures, etc., forests.
- Water ones: surface: rivers, lakes, streams and underground water.
- Plant ones: natural meadows, pastures, wild varieties, forests, etc.
- Animal ones: game, entomological fauna, arachnid fauna, etc.
2. Human resources:
- household labor
- farmer’s behavior
-- generation of incomes
-- birth-rate – growth
- Building stock: housing area, warehouses, cattle-sheds, barns, poultry-yards, pigsties and other farm buildings.
- Farm yard
- Infrastructure: roads, irrigation and drainage systems and facilities, etc.
- Farm machinery
3. Farm crops, orchards, vineyards, greenhouses, etc.
4. Domestic animals
6. The main specific features of the farm are, as follows:
- A lot of factors acting make it unstable, such as:
-- abiotic ones (meteorological) – temperature, rainfalls, winds, sunshine, etc.
-- biotic ones (living) – plant (cultures, weeds), animal (domestic animals, game, useful,
predatory and parasitic insects, arachnids and other microorganisms)
-- Soil structural ones – (mechanical content, humus, etc.)
-- Anthropogenic ones (human) – State policy, economic activities.