WHAT PURPOSE DO FARMERS SET UP VARIOUS FARMERS’ORGANIZATIONS AND MEET THE CHALLENGES ON?
Jens Hold - Agricultural College in Borris, Denmark
1. In order that a profitable production is realized in a private farm. It is achieved by consultants’ services.
2. In order that the cheapest possible and high quality means of production are purchased. In order that the production is sold at the highest possible price.
3. In order that the best possible legislation about the agriculture, as well as other laws concerning the farmers, are provided. It is achieved through the national professional organizations of farmers.
Rights and duties of the farmers
Tasks of the “Branch” Organizations
|Rights or Advantages||Duties or Disadvantages
|• Sales ensured (The cooperative is obliged to purchase
• The maximum possible price and share in the profit
• Joint ownership of the enterprise
|• Duties of delivery to the cooperative
• No price negotiations
• Shared responsibility of debts and work of the enterprise
Organization for: pig-breeding; milk production; cattle-breeding; poultry-raising and egg production; horticulture; seed production; beet production.