- The agricultural practice of using a raised strip of earth, more or less level or horizontal, usually constructed on or near a contour and designed to make the land suitable for tillage and to prevent accelerated erosion.
- The act of preparing the soil by mechanical manipulations for crop production.
- Computed flow that includes effects of consumption, water transfers, and evaporation from manmade reservoirs, but not ground water overdraft.
- The process by which water vapor passes through a living plant and enters the atmosphere.
- One of the hierarchical strata of a food web characterized by organisms that are the same number of steps removed from the primary producers.